Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Images - Site and Context




Context

I included a map of Delft in 1652, the exact date and place in which Pieter de Hooch painted my chosen scene, as well as other paintings of his which are similar to mine - such as the black and white tiles, and the arch and courtyard, the background of my painting. The image on the bottom right suggests the type of building which my scene could have taken place in.




I will set my site in the countryside of Deflt, remaining loyal to the historical context of my painting. From the map of 1652 and the current arial photograph, the city houses are quite narrow and close together. The solidarity of my concept suggests a more remote site - the countryside of Delft is not at all far from the main city, and yet it seems to portray the same serenity and tranquility of my chosen painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment